Perfect Wife

15:38:00


 



"What do you think I am?", she shouted.

"Why don't you ever listen to me? Please give some time to explain myself", he said in a polite voice.

"Do you think I'm going to buy all the crap that you are going to tell me?"

"Dear, please listen to me!"
"No! We will get divorced. It's over!"

Before he could say anything, she was already gone. She slammed the door and stormed out of the home.

He sat on the couch with a heavy heart with his face buried in his hands.
He wanted to lighten his heart and desperately needed someone to listen to.

After some time, he decided to talk to someone and wanted to tell his reasons.

He opened a website where there are anonymous trained listeners to someone who feels lonely and has no one to confide in.


He requested for someone to listen.
A name appeared
Sunshine
They started chatting..

Sunshine: Hello, glad you chose us. You are at the right place. Welcome.
How are you?

He: Thank you.
I'm not doing that great these days. It has been the toughest phase in my life. My wife wouldn't listen to me and she wants a divorce.

Sunshine: I'm sorry to hear this. If you feel comfortable, could you please let me know what has been happening between you and your wife?

He: She wouldn't listen to me and we disagree on every small thing that we get to do together.
She was very compassionate and loved me a lot before. I don't know what has happened to her recently. She is completely into her career and she doesn't even let me know what she's been upto. She has stopped giving a primary care that any person would need.

Sunshine: Okay. So you primarily feel disconnected with her. And it is bothering you a lot.

He: I know that I have also been busy recently and hadn't been able to give her enough attention. But I have reasons which are pretty simple & straight and she'd definitely understand if she talks to me.

Sunshine: Okay. I understand the situation you are in.

He: Today morning she told me that she wants a divorce.
I don't have an affair with anyone as she has assumed.

I love her. I want to talk to her through this.
However, I would give her a divorce if she wants it.
I'd do anything to make her happy.

Sunshine: Okay..

He sends her some more messages, but there is no further reply.

He waits for a few minutes. Closes the laptop and gets immersed in his own thoughts.

He suddenly hears a car being parked outside his home.
She comes running and hugs him.
"I'm sorry dear. I should have listened to you.

I understood that you needed to talk. I'm sorry. Its my fault to have excessively concentrated on my career depriving you of even a primary care.
I was just terribly angry because you were ignoring me. But now when you wanted to talk, I wasn't there.

I should be ashamed to say that I got myself trained in listening to other people while I never had patience for my significant other.

I was talking to a guy this morning who was completely disappointed by his wife.
I felt his love for his wife while giving counselling to him.
I left the conversation & came running to you.
I love you!"

He hugged her and asked, "What is your name on the website? Is it Sunshine?"
She answered, "No!"

Silence.

"It means.. you talked about me with Sunshine?
So, you have found someone to talk to.."

He didn't know whether he had to feel happy that she had come back or feel sad that he again initiated an infinite loop.

THE END
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

I Recommend Amazon

Subscribe